White Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes

Here we have a case of looks can be deceiving. We have't had a laugh out loud moment on the blog in awhile. Are you ready? It's coming today. I had almost forgotten to bake a treat for Gabe's class for Easter. I hadn't added it into my iPhone calendar, so it wasn't happening. Then, at the drop off this morning, I saw all the organized moms bringing in their Easter goodies. For once I didn't have plans today, so I realized I could bake this morning and bring cupcakes for his class at the end of the school day. Music ready. Apron on. I was happy to get back in the kitchen after last week's chocolate cupcake catastrophe. Short lived. What liquid is in a dark round container about the size of a soda? Vanilla extract...and here in Hawaii, every one's favorite--- ALOHA BRAND SHOYU! That's soy sauce for all the non-Hawaii folk. Here's the most important baking tip I can provide: Don't pour shoyu into your frosting ingredients. It is not a substitute for vanilla extract.
I am literate. My mind was elsewhere. I mixed away...all the while wondering why the frosting had the smell of dinner. When I finally put two and two together, my mind immediately wondered...How many times have I done this before, and NOT known?! An explanation for all the botched cupcakes of the past? I have moved the shoyu to the back of the fridge. The extract and the shoyu were side by side. Hard lesson learned. I believe this is an appropriate way to end the baking quest. Since I am dumb/bold enough to share all my mistakes for the blog world to read (and these are the ones I KNOW about), I'm pretty sure there won't be any future requests for me to bake cupcakes for potlucks, parties, Christmas...
It was fun while it lasted. Now, maybe I'll finally be able to lose a few pounds.
Wait, who am I kidding?!

Comments

Laura Huff said…
Can you share the recipe for these white chocolate buttermilk cupcakes with me?? Please?? (minus the shoyu please, though. LOL) That just sounds delicious! And I want to do some baking this weekend :)
Anonymous said…
Oh whatever! Your cupcakes are deliciosusuosu and I dream about them often. Don't give up. :)
Larisa said…
Thanks Danielle! Laura, did you end up making the cupcakes? How did they turn out for you?!

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

August Goal: 30 Days of New Recipes

Shameless Plug...