Hanks Haute Dogs

Why would I go to a hot dog stand? This is how much I am dedicated to food. In a hole in the wall meat haven, I trusted I would find SOMETHING that would be fit for me to consume...also, I can't stand being left out. Since, other than here and Facebook, I have been spending all of my online time on YELP, I have been hearing about Hanks Haute Dogs. I had to see for myself. I still need to go back, as I hear they have...PIZZA. This place has been visited by that Food Network "Guy" (not man vs. food). There is a picture of Anthony Bourdain, and even Barrack Obama shoving his face with a "haute" dog. When I go back to eating meat, as so many of my cohorts seem to believe, I would like to have my photo on the wall shoving my face with a "haute" dog. I ordered the veggie for myself and Lehua (we picked up lunch for her). To be clear---it was NOT a veggie dog. It was veggies in a hot dog bun. Shredded cheese, cilantro, onions, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, spicy sauce, delish. Gabe and Danica were probably not the ideal candidates for this experience. Their order: G- plain hot dog. No toppings. No condiments. I guess he's a purist. D-ketchup and relish (and a response of "This is weird relish.") It was a fun furlough activity---seeing a foodaholic in all her glory. I wonder what they'll write about in their journals. I look forward to going again...to get an adult opinion on an actual "haute" dog...and for the pizza, you know, at the hot dog place!

Comments

Anonymous said…
AWESOME! Derek and I will have to check this place out. You have so many great ideas!
Larisa said…
You guys will love it. It's pricier than what you may be used to for Hot dogs (it's no Costco deal)...but it's worth the experience. Let me know what you think when you go!

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

August Goal: 30 Days of New Recipes

Shameless Plug...