Magoos

It was Friday and that meant pizza. We met up with our favorite pizza eating pals, The Pommerenks. Magoos was a place I frequented when I lived in the ghetto by UH. In college, Magoos was synonymous with beer, late night, and garlic fries. It was in walking distance from my apartment and guaranteed, someone you knew would be sitting at the bar or hanging out waiting for their order. Fifteen years later, Magoos is still around, and have branched out to a pizza bus around the corner from our Mililani house, and a hole in the wall place in Aiea. This was my first time at the Aiea location. The good: you don't have to worry about the kids. This place isn't nice. Kids running wild, no biggie. There's a t.v. The staff is friendly. You don't have to worry...you can arrive in your Wal-mart attire and feel right at home. The bad: Entirely too much flour on the pizza. I tasted it in EVERY bite. I had to dust off my hands and mouth in between every bite. We ordered half cheese/half veggie. It's our family staple that makes everyone happy. It was a huge square pizza and fed four kids and two adults. I'm not sure how a restaurant that isn't much to look at inside and doesn't serve the best pizza is able to stick around. I don't want to totally trash it...we had a perfectly pleasant Friday night pizza night. I just notice a lot more flaws now that my eyes aren't clouded by being twenty and slightly intoxicated with beer.

Comments

Mai said…
Wow. I didn't realize Magoo's had other pizza wagons out there besides the one on King Street. Good to know.

You are so funny. You included the link for Magoo's in the Philippines.
Larisa said…
Whatever...Philippino's need pizza too! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

August Goal: 30 Days of New Recipes

Shameless Plug...