Ruby Tuesday Part Deux

This post proves that I am willing to try things even after proclaiming that I dislike them. Thanks to our awesome neighbors (on either side of us) for contributing to last nights family dinner. It was either this or Mexican food leftovers...and wouldn't you know, I still chose a Mexican appetizer. The generosity of our friends and family has been amazing to see and experience during this entire vow renewal process (last nights meal was sponsored by gift cards received for our anniversary). Even though I knew our bill would be entirely covered by our recent gifts, I was still apprehensive about going to a known bad service, bad food place. After last nights dinner however, I could tell RT was really trying to improve their restaurant and the customer experience. They have revamped their menu, serve fancy ice teas, are not as focused on the salad bar, and even serve breakfast on weekends now. I'm not going to go overboard and say that Ruby Tuesday's is a new favorite, but I was pleased that my food was edible (despite being room temperature upon drop off), our waiter was polite and recommended menu items, as well as being well groomed...
He forgot to check on us for a while after we were eating and forgot to give us our gift card back after paying, but I'm willing to let these two minor offenses slide since we enjoyed DELICIOUS guacamole with a side of salsa and chips as our appetizer. I was buttered up and decided a free meal can't really be criticized. I followed our starter with the Shrimp Diablo. I loved the name! This was the first time I've ordered something based on the name alone. I'm thinking this could be a good new nickname for myself: "shrimp diablo" has a nicer ring than the "B" word. It was nice to enjoy an evening out with my two main men and not have to clean anything up (I'd been doing that all day). So, my recommendation for Ruby Tuesday is: go if you have fun sidekicks with you, if it's going to be free, and if you must order something it should be guacamole or a dish based on the name. Good luck to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

August Goal: 30 Days of New Recipes

Shameless Plug...