Greek and Mixed Vegetable With Strawberries Or Salads #10 and #11

The Greek salad I made for yesterdays dinner is rivaling the Caesar salad I made previously. The dressing was a homemade caper dressing. The ingredients were a medley of yummy flavors---feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber, black and green olives. I paired the salad with four cheese tortellini and we had ourselves a delicious, light summer meal. Today's meal was also light. I sauteed onions and yellow bell pepper and added it to greens with cucumbers and a surprise ingredient---strawberry. I was always one to just eat veggies with veggies and fruits with fruits. This was a nice combination. Strawberries are in season now, so it has been fun incorporating them in our meals...and not paying a super inflated price for them. The flavors in the Greek salad were more my taste, but tonight's salad is one that most can whip up with things from the pantry (or I guess the fridge)...no trip the store needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

Shameless Plug...

Waimanalo Country Farms