Haleiwa Joe's

I'm not sure which is better---the food or the views. The gardens that lie below this old Hawaii restaurant, are awesome. Why didn't we do our vow renewals here?! The food was delicious, made better by the fact that it was paid for with a gift card. Thanks Michelle and John!!We splurged and indulged...the only way we know how to eat out I think. The wait was minimal and we were seated in a cozy booth. We could see the Ko' olau mountain range in front of us while sipping our cocktails. The meal started with an interesting twist on calamari. They were more like french fries and Gabe ended up eating quite a few. He is getting more and more daring with his food choices---if you count the appetizer---for dinner he had a hamburger. Not pictured. Isom enjoyed crab legs and I enjoyed their special---the biggest piece of ono I have had the pleasure of sinking my teeth into. It was covered with a black bean and shiitake mushroom glaze over a bed of white rice, cabbage, and onions. Mouth watering...to say the least. I desperately wanted dessert---the waiters descriptions were fantastic (maybe he has a blog). Isom decided to finally put his foot down. It's rare that he sets limits on my food intake (although he probably should more often). I'm sure it was for the best, but this just means I'm going to have to go back. A separate, "just dessert" outing for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

Shameless Plug...

Waimanalo Country Farms