Insalata Caprese Or Salad #9

Too bad the basil wasn't blue. I wanted to make a salad worthy of being patriotic---in honor of the 4th of July. Well, I'm sure you get the picture. I think it was a success...there was none left on the plate. Kids (not just mine) ate it up too. I was very pleased with the tomatoes I purchased from Safeway. The produce people are beginning to recognize me...and Gabe since the bakery is attached and he of course always asks for a "sample" cookie while I shop for veggies. Gotta have balance. This salad was very simple and easy to prepare but with a big taste payoff. I've eaten this salad at countless restaurants and next time intend to prepare it the way one of my favorite places does---Formaggio's with the addition of pesto. Add in a baguette and it really could become a whole meal---mozzarella for protein, basil for herbs, tomato for fruit and veggie, baguette for CARBS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

Shameless Plug...

Waimanalo Country Farms