
I'm sure that Jeannine thinks she is the luckiest girl in the world right now, seeing as how she just got hitched to her one true love Jay. I was thinking the label, however, belonged to me. I didn't realize how much I was in need of a girls getaway until...well, I actually got away. My trip to Kauai, this past weekend, was to be in a wedding. Not just any wedding, but a destination wedding at The Grand Hyatt for my college bud Jeannine. She lives in San Diego now, so quality time together is less and less, but the bond of sixteen years of previous fun can't be broken.

In three days time, we ate, laughed, drank, enjoyed pool time, walked (a lot...the Grand Hyatt is HUGE), met new friends, shopped, and had an
almost sighting of
Johnny Depp. Oh yeah, and attended a really sweet wedding and reception. Congratulations Jeannine and Jay...although you shouldn't be reading this anytime soon...you should be having the time of your lives in Fiji.

I am looking forward to seeing the photos from the wedding, as I realized only now, while typing this post, that there are absolutely no photos of me (on my iPhone anyway) from the weekend festivities (the above photo with my hand not included). Although, I'm only interested in seeing
cute,
non-bathing suit,
non-intoxicated photos...all other photos should be burned (are you reading this Mai Ly?).

If you find yourself in Kauai, for a wedding or otherwise, make a pit stop to the southern shore and the picturesque area known as
Poipu. If you can stop into the
Grand Hyatt, all the better. The views of the ocean are spectacular, there are great restaurants to experience, and the pool is every big and little kids dream. I even ventured into the water...unheard of.

It must be the year of love. Since September, I have been to four weddings, not including our own renewal of vows. I can't complain---good food and friends are always part of the celebration. And, I love a good party....which the folks at the Grand Hyatt know how to do (thanks to Jeannine and her eye for detail and planning also).

I was highly jealous of the fun guitar cake (those are chocolate covered cashews surrounding it). I think the bride and groom did a great job of juggling out of town guests, entertaining us all, and keeping their cool before the big day. It must be a Kauai thing.

As I sadly boarded my flight (all 30 minutes of it), I was thinking of what a good idea mini vacations are. I gained a renewed appreciation for myself as a single lady (how did I do this all the time?), renewed appreciation for the boys (I really missed my rascals), renewed appreciation for this beautiful state of ours (I think
Kauai must mean green in Hawaiian), and a renewed appreciation for old friends. I'm thinking a yearly renewal trip is definitely in order...I guess the boys can come too if they like.
Comments
Post a Comment