White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Muffins

...okay, so I substituted the mac nuts for hazelnuts. These are the best muffins! Even a whackadoodle substitution by me can't ruin them. And, if they were this delicious with hazelnut, I can only imagine the taste sensation they would be with macadamia nuts. I was feeling like I wanted to bake something with a localish flavor. I just got back from my big three day kid less, husband less adventure to Kauai...more on that later. It's three in the afternoon and I haven't even attempted to change into regular clothes. Despite my vacation, I am tired. So, Gabe and I have been relaxing...his idea is playing with Legos and mine is sipping on my second cup of coffee and baking. It is somewhat overcast so I don't feel incredibly guilty...and I heard the boys had an action packed weekend, Gabe could probably use a day of nothing. He helped me pour my ingredients (substituted and otherwise). The first batch is out of the oven and cooled and batch number two is in the home stretch. So, dessert for this evening is taken care of. Now to figure out dinner. But, if you ever wondered if you could replace macadamia nuts with another type of nut, you heard it here that hazelnuts are PERFECT for this. Let the nut substituting commence....recommended only for actual nuts, not people who are nuts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March Goal: 30 Beaches, 30 Days

Shameless Plug...

Waimanalo Country Farms