Rum and Raisin Cupcakes

Three batches of cupcakes in three days. It's a record---for me, anyway. Today I made rum and raisin cupcakes. I'm not a fan of cooked raisins but I am a fan of rum (and cupcakes...clearly), so I decided not to write this recipe off just yet. All was well in the baking of these cupcakes, save one tired arm (I've been doing all this baking without an electric mixer) and one seriously bent whisk. Bent whisk plus hurt arm equals "Larisa's Electric Mixer". Despite these minor setbacks, things are coming along nicely. I may even have changed my mind on the whole cooked raisin issue...these cupcakes are scrumptuous. I am still salivating over the warm butter taste in my mouth. I better not have another...can't be that mom who has rum on her breath in the middle of the afternoon. It's the cupcakes, I promise. Anyway, the fridge is filling up with trays of cupcakes. I'm guessing cupcakes for dinner is not a good plan. Isn't anyone having an event I can bring these things to?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...