Arby's

The good thing about corporate restaurant chains...healthy competition. I mean, if Starbucks wasn't out there addicting the world to Frappuccinos, then maybe places like Arby's wouldn't feel the need to step it up with their shakes. I was already a fan of the Jamocha shake from Arby's. For years, they had the other fast food places beat by a long shot---jamocha shake and curly fries. Perfect mall rat treat. Yesterday, we were mall rats. So... After yet another Dino adventure at Pearlridge, reading kids books at Borders, playing with (but not buying) all the toys at the toy store, window shopping for Hello Kitty jewelry, it was time for a lunch break. Gabe had his heart set on Arby's, and since he wasn't requesting McDonald's, I gave in. I wasn't optimistic about what choices I might have as far as meatless fast food entrees went. I was sure I would be forced (ha, ha) to be content with a simple jamocha shake and curly fries. I was happily surprised to discover baked potato on the menu. Done. I ordered my jamocha shake as usual, received my broccoli and cheese baked potato, and Gabe's piled high roast beef sandwich, and did a double take when I was presented with my shake. They had found a way to fancy up the already fabulous shake! Chocolate swirls. It doesn't take much to make me ooh and aah.

Comments

juliesumile said…
Yummy! My favorite! Shakes and baked potato....I want Arbys NOW!!! :)
Larisa said…
I'll have to make you these two favorites for your birthday or something!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...