Celery And Orange Salad With Black Olives Or Salad # 12

Having a hard time distinguishing where the oranges are? That's because I didn't use any. The alternate (approved substitutions) recipe called for apples, which I had. Thanks Isom for doing all of my fruit shopping for me. I knew the day would arrive when I would be forced to make fruit based or fruit included salads. I was trying to put it off. I'm not a fan of fruit. Yesterday's salad was in a cup. The presentation helped my taste buds. I made a yogurt and lemon/orange juice blend dressing to pour over the top and the weird ingredient as garnish---black olives. I've never heard or even thought of this combination of ingredients---which was only three (celery, apples, and olives). It was light, crunchy, springy, crisp, tasty. I paired it with spinach pancakes (also sounds weird) but these are a broiled delight. The base is potato and spinach and it looks like an overgrown green sausage patty, but I promise it is appetizing. I had intended to go for a walk...salad-ing and walking seem to go well together...but the day got away from me. It's because I've been even more linked to my iPhone than usual lately. I have discovered iBooks and despite the small screen, I am hooked. My first iBook purchases? None other than the Twilight saga. I have iBooked my way through Twilight, New Moon, and I am now back to Eclipse. And I thought I loved my iPhone before. Let's just hope I don't go blind in the process.
Sidetracked. Make this salad...it's super easy and you get a serving of veggies and fruits!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...