Lanikai Bunker Hike

Today my toes hurt. My knee, where I poked a kiawe bush, hurts. My calf muscles hurt. I have got to get in better shape. Yesterday we hiked to the bunkers on top of the small mountains...okay, probably more of a hill...behind Lanikai. Kapua, Michelle, John, Isom, and Gabe---all the worlds best hikers---included me in their scheme. We walked straight uphill for an hour, getting sweaty and dirty...all for a couple of slices of watermelon, a sip of coke, and a million dollar view. I guess it was a good idea. We rewarded ourselves not only with the view, but also with ice cold beer from The Shack in Enchanted Lakes (Kapua had never been...we had to introduce her). I have done this hike twice before---both times in better shape than yesterday. I'm hoping the discomfort I'm feeling today will be temporary, but serve as a kick start to getting out and hiking more---in order to avoid this feeling after future hiking expeditions. And, if I can enjoy great views and beer as additional rewards again, well, all the more reason to get back on the hiking wagon. Next weekend we hope to hike again. It's the slowest person's (me) choice...I'm choosing an easier hike to get back into things...like Makapuu or a stroll through Mililani perhaps. I can't have my toes hurting every week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...