Mix Cafe

...has the best veggie sandwich in recent memory. The magical ingredient? Squash. It was soft, flavorful, and a welcome change from avocado, eggplant, or tofu---the normal veggie sandwich staples. Locating the restaurant was somewhat of an ordeal (see what I mean about downtown?), but the memory of that was quickly erased after my first bite...and by the very sweet girls behind the counter at Mix Cafe. Another downtown eatery...I had to double up---I couldn't drive into downtown, park, and only hit up one place to eat! Gabe enjoyed a chicken sandwich (well, half of one). The sandwiches come with a fresh, local green salad---the dressing (I feel much more qualified to comment on now) was tangy and delicious (I know, not very official or technical descriptions). And a small side of fries. Surprise! (There's the "mix" in Mix Cafe...salad, sammich, and fries to "mix" it up.) Real potatoes with oil and salt that were baked and not fried and won't last in your car for months, possibly years (McDonald's). A light feeling, but actually very filling lunch, that still allowed me to save room for...dessert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...