Old Spaghetti Factory

I thought I liked this place. But, as it turns out, I don't. It is an inexpensive, relatively kid free option for lunch (that's where Gabe and I dined on Friday for lunch), but the service was just so, so and I've decided that I can make better pasta. That is actually a huge insult to Old Spaghetti Factory. I ate here so much in college that I think I thought it was good----I was just a poor student. I enjoyed our lunch mates (Mari, Sean, Cecily, Ella...and Gabe of course), but I think I might rather eat at Subway or something. Do you ever eat somewhere and you can't put your finger on what it is about the place that bothers you? I was happy to see that they had gluten free pasta options, but what's the point of having that if you can't make it taste good. I'm sure Mari is reading this and thinking..."but she ate her entire portion, she must have liked it". Well, after years of the "clean your plate syndrome" growing up, I find it difficult (even now as an adult) to not eat what I'm given. Don't waste, don't waste is on repeat in my head when I sit down to the table. At least it was only $15 down the drain. And I also know for next time...when Old Spaghetti Factory is recommended, I can politely decline. If I want boring food, I'll just stick to something at home or something you can obtain by driving thru...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...