Otto Cake

Thanks to Lehua for agreeing to try out this new (to me) cheesecake shop. Clearly, I would do the same for her...what are friends for right? Downtown Honolulu is not a place I frequent, despite all of the terrific eateries that abound. The thought of parking downtown gives me hives and accelerates my breathing. In other words, it stresses me out. Once again, however, I have been spending too much time on Yelp, and I was intrigued by a dessert shop that was repeatedly popping up all over the discussion boards. Otto Cake is in downtown. A hive just popped up on my leg as I typed that. Otto Cake serves a unique variety of cheesecakes. The hive has disappeared. Gabe, Lehua, Dahlia (the youngest cheesecake lover at under a year) and I entered the smallest downtown shop and decided to split two flavors---butterscotch and red velvet cheesecakes. Mmm. Surprisingly, my butterscotch loving son was not impressed with the butterscotch flavored cheesecake...he loved the red velvet. I loved both. Lehua preferred the red velvet as well. And Dahlia, well, she enjoyed walking around the colorful establishment. I chatted with the owner a bit, although I neglected to catch his name...I'm thinking Otto? He totally looked like an Otto. He's been baking cheesecakes for over twenty years. He was an artistic type---wore a fedora-ish hat, had "No Doubt" playing in the background, and used "aloha" in every sentence. I decided immediately that I liked him. I enjoyed our downtown cheesecake experience and saved this post for today---NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY---that is worth celebrating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...