Thai Village

This one's for you Lena! Thanks to Lena, our family enjoyed a delicious Thai meal last night. No, she didn't slave all day in the kitchen preparing Pad Thai, spring rolls, or green curry. She used the power of suggestion. You see, you should probably never talk about food or restaurants around me...I will go. I will try it. I will order an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert. Some people splurge on travel, I splurge on food...daily. It is a form of travel. Last night we traveled to a little village in Thailand...with nice table clothes, linen napkins, and a well dressed waitress. Thai food is one of the few food genres Isom and I can agree on. He is there for the spice and I am there for the vegetarian options...and flavors. How is it possible that no matter what you order from a Thai restaurant, the flavors always go well together?! Thai Village has two locations---one in Waipio and one in Kunia. We checked out the Kunia location and now that we know it rocks, we look forward to trying out the location that is actually closer to our house. My favorite aspects of Thai village include: the cute containers for the sticky rice, the smaller portions (no need to over stuff yourself), the peanut sauce (thick with actual pieces of peanut), the larger dessert portion (they go smaller on entree and bigger on dessert---genius). So save room for dessert if you decide to go. The coconut tapioca pudding was warm and yummy...although I wanted to suggest they serve it in a bowl that wasn't white. White on white is super boring. Other than that, no complaints here. And the best news---three of us ate for under $35. So thanks again Lena, we will have to go together one of these days.

Comments

Lena said…
Yay! So glad it was a winner. Yes, I must try it for myself SOON! Love, lena
Larisa said…
I couldn't expect anything less from you!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...