From Nails To Donuts

...it's a patriotic themed weekend. I can't partake in my typical Red, White, and BREW (of either the coffee or beer variety) so, I have to show my patriotism through food creations and nail creations. The idea for the sprinkles on the donuts came from my trip earlier in the week to Regal Bakery...they are professionals, so of course mine was a little less, how shall we put it...beautiful than theirs. The taste was still sweet and there were no complaints from the kids. I had not contemplated how much the Karo Syrup (used to let the blue and red sprinkles stick) would "melt"...the plate looked like an art project after we gobbled up the donuts. As for the nails, I didn't expect to be doing my nails so shortly after having had them done professionally two weeks ago, but, I was excited to try my hand at blending three colors and using my new OPI sparkle (not to be confused with the OPI shatter). The re-created nails turned out better than the donut re-creation...but both were fun to attempt. Happy Patriotic, Firework, No Work, No School weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail