My Messy Trifle

I know I'm not "original", but I did NOT consult a recipe for this festive fourth of July treat. I thought of the colors red, white, and blue and how I had yet to use my Pampered Chef Trifle bowl. And here we have it. Red Velvet cake, White Cool Whip, and Blue Blueberries. It was a good mix of deluxe dense cake and light airy cream with a dose of healthy antioxidant fruit to top it off. It's also really quick and easy to whip up...especially when your husband takes pity on your lazy pregnant state and helps by mixing up the batter. So, maybe the title to the post should be amended to "our messy trifle". Either way, it was a delicious messy trifle showcased at our friends kick back holiday BBQ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail