Vanilla Cupcakes

...on a budget...in survival mode? I don't know how to describe it except I was impressed yet again with the math, measurement, and baking skills...of a 9 year old. Gabe and I shared the company of Sarah's girls yesterday. They played outside, jumped on the trampoline, ran errands with me...and decided they wanted to bake cupcakes...from scratch. This would be perfectly acceptable behavior...in the confines of my own kitchen, with my own baking supplies, and some prep time. I wasn't sure I could bake on the fly at someone else's house in someone else's kitchen. We managed however. Thanks to the iPhone---I looked up a vanilla cupcake recipe on joyofbaking.com. And miraculously enough, Sarah had all the ingredients necessary for whipping up the batch of cupcakes. You might be hard pressed to find coordinating ingredients to anything, if you were to just pop over with the kids and expect to bake at my house (despite or in spite of all the baking I've been known to do). A little butter borrowed from the girls grandma who lives downstairs, and we were all set. In my current condition, standing in the kitchen is no good. So, I did an experiment. I dictated the ingredients, tools, and instructions to the eldest kid (as the 7 year old birthday twins Mia and Gabe had tired of this method...I think they enjoy the eating part of baking) while sitting down in the dining room. So, I essentially did nothing. Here's the results...
There were limited decorating supplies but the kids made d0. They tasted just great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail