The Other Rocker

What you see before you is a homemade guitar. I would say that Gabe was seeking some extra attention...he knows I'm a sucker for a boy playing a guitar, or in Zach's case, a boy wearing guitar themed clothes. But, this is actually the product of a lot of hard work for a school project. A third grade project on varying pitch and sound. Wow. Third grade was worksheets and copying assignments down from the chalkboard for me. Gabe wrote and then typed a one page speech on how his guitar was created. I'm amazed. I'm amazed there was even a finished product. I'm amazed that the same Gabe who when working on this guitar with me, said he "didn't know how to use scissors...or a glue stick". When dad stepped in (because that comment BLEW MY MIND) to help, the two emerged from the garage with this masterpiece...having used screws, bungee cords, duct tape, scrap wood, and the saw! What? You can't use scissors but you can use a saw (totally supervised of course)?! So, Gabe the musician (and now obviously the carpenter) created a super duper deluxe guitar. YouTube videos to come...I'm sure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ISom is such an awesome Dad! I'll never forget when he took a hui of kids to the park by your house. Carter got sick on the tire swing and Isom was so good to him to bring him back to me. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail