Pizza De Mayo

I cant seem to get through any type of holiday, American or otherwise, without pizza. Today I found a way to take Italian and turn it into Mexican...or my perception of the two. It's few ingredients. We always keep some sort of store bought pizza crust around the house, so today I took out two crusts and brushed olive oil on them. For "pizza sauce", I used a mild enchilada sauce. Next, I whipped up my vegetarian refried beans in a bowl and spread a thick layer on top of the sauce. I used mild green chiles and fresh chopped orange bell pepper for our toppings. For a little 'kick', I poured Chalula around. Then I sprinkled shredded cheese on the top. Baked at 425 degrees for 10 minutes and add salsa as a garnish/topping to it when it hits your plate and you are ready to eat. Yummy! It only lacked a margarita or a Corona. Or both. It was mid day, so I decided not to go crazy with an alcohol chaser. Gabe was the biggest fan of the Mexican pizza. It was fun to make. Good to eat. And saved us a trip to Taco Bell...otherwise known as toxic hell in our house. Our Boys Day/Cinco De Mayo/stormy Sunday started with homemade Huevos Rancheros, a buzz cut for Gabe, followed by pool time in the drizzle that worked up our appetite for Mexican Pizza. A beany and rainy end to the weekend.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...