Art in the Park

I thought I would feel weird about going to a kid event at the park put on by my old co-workers and without my own kid. But I didn't. Gavin (my friend Sarah's 3 year old) and I had a blast. It was great to see some old, familiar faces and create 3 year old masterpieces in the park (even if I was dripping sweat, hungry---neglected to eat breakfast, and having a date with a 3 year old). Before I was the blogger that I am now, I had a part time job from home as Executive Director for The Baby Hui---a small non-profit that provides support for parents of children age zero to three. http://www.thebabyhui.org/ It has been my tradition over the past several years to either coordinate or participate in the annual Art in the Park event. It's always a crowd pleaser. This year I was participant. It has definitely been different not working. Even though I could just go to the office (across the hall from my bedroom) in my pj's, it was a serious commitment and ongoing stress of making sure our organization provided this important service to our community. Now I just provide pure amusement. Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail