The Coop Turns Three!

Saturdays are always the designated "birthday party" day. Yesterday we enjoyed a "Cars" themed party for our friend Cooper who was turning three. I went to college with Cooper's mom and it's great to see how far we've all come since the often crazy college days. We drove to picturesque Kaneohe for the festivities. Our other college cronies and their kids were in attendance as well.
Cooper's mom is definitely the artistic one of the group. She spent what must have been hours getting fun "Cars" themed crafts, decor ,and a delicious cake ready for Coop's big boy party. What is the recipe for that cake?! I was really wishing for another piece around nine o'clock last night.
Since becoming a vegetarian over six months ago, I have attended many birthday parties, BBQ's, and events that aren't necessarily "veggie friendly". I don't expect for everyone to embrace my lifestyle choice. For thirty three years I was MEAT's biggest fan (especially bacon and SPAM). I'm trying to make some healthier and more conscious decisions but realize I'm the minority and not the majority. I'm always grateful though when my friends and family try to make sure there is a food (other than the fruit and veggie tray and chip bags) that is in line with my choice to not eat meat (although I admit I eat seafood...it swims!).
Saturday marked the first time, since I became a vegetarian, that I ate a hot dog...not just any hot dog---a tofu dog. Don't groan, grimace, or gag yet. I was pretty much resigned to the fact that hot dogs just wouldn't be a part of my life anymore but ah, after yesterday's yummy, meatless dog, I am happy to report that I too can eat dogs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail