Gabe Gymnastics

Okay, there is a worse photographer than me...Isom. His handy work is above (and below). Blurry, blurry, blurry. It makes me feel so much better about my skills. We went to a free, trial gymnastics class this past Friday evening. If you squint just so, you might be able to make out Gabe climbing the yellow rope. When Gabe was two and three I was all about the free classes. We went to the free, trial everything--music, Gymboree, art, YMCA, and yes gymnastics. We have previously tried this. There is, however, a drastic difference between two year olds participating in gymnastics and six year olds participating in gymnastics. The last gym experience--- I was excited and anxious and hopeful. Then my new mom world crumbled when my two year old promptly disobeyed the coach, threw a tantrum, and wasted our morning out not participating in the free gymnastics class! This time I was prepared for the worst---spitting, biting, tantrum, arm flailing, the works. I was most pleasantly surprised. We ended Isom's day off by arriving at HITS gymnastics in Mapunapuna http://www.hawaiianislandtwisters.com/
for the 4:00 p.m. Free Trial Class. Gabe and one other little boy were led onto the floor by Coach Michael and for the next hour they ran, giggled, tumbled, climbed, and ENJOYED themselves. When we were greeted by Gabe again he was sweaty and hungry---SUCCESS! Since we don't want to be over committed (we're already overstimulated with our iPods, t.v.s, and computers) we are going to do the "trial" Cub Scouts meeting next week and let Gabe decide which of the two he would like to participate in. I think it's going to be a hard choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail