Jayme's Birthday

I'm officially old. And so are all my friends. Last night we went (as a family) to Dave and Busters to celebrate my friends 33rd birthday. Three rum and cokes later we got rid of the kids and husbands and were off to Formaggio's in Kailua http://www.formaggio808.com/
for a glass of wine and girl time. The atmosphere at Formaggio's is excellent. It is a great place for a ladies night out or a date with the hubby. The decor is pleasant and serene. The live music adds to the relaxation and the service with a smile made our visit very enjoyable. Since we were indulging on another beverage, we decided to put something else on our stomach---the bruschetta trio (my mouth is watering just thinking about it). It was the perfect pairing with our wine and we were even treated to a free piece of cheesecake in honor of the birthday girl.It was just like old times when I dropped Jayme off and she realized she forgot the key to her house and the opener to her gate. I laughed hysterically as I watched her (several drinks down) climb over the gate to get inside. She made it...without falling, dropping, or scratching her purse. True talent. I made it home and in bed a little after 1:00 a.m. and this morning found myself exhausted. I didn't even do anything. I ate a salad, had a cupcake, and a couple of drinks. When 7:00 a.m. rolled around I felt like I hadn't slept in days. I am going to attribute it to getting older. I just can't pull the same stunts that I used to. So depressing. I better get a glass of wine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail