Julie/Julia

I'm so happy I saw a great movie today. My book club is reading "My Life in France" by Julia Child with Alex Prud'homme so of course when I learned of the movie based on Julia Child and the Julie/Julia blog project coming out, I knew I would be interested for a variety of reasons: 1. I love biographies/memoirs 2. I love food 3. I love movies 4. I love books 5. I love blogging This movie combined all of these! It could only be better if I had viewed the movie in Starbucks! Since my dance card hasn't been too full lately, I realized that I had time to make the early showing of a movie today. Opportunity knocks, I answer. Since I hadn't had lunch yet, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and eat my lunch at the movies---the kids pack! Popcorn, Reeses Pieces, and a Sprunch (for you non Hawaii residents---Sprite and Fruit Punch). As I made my way up the steps in the theater I noticed that my fellow matinee movie patrons were all women like me. Here I was at 11:00 a.m. on a Thursday, playing hooky with a bunch of other renegade moms. Off to a good start. The last movie I saw in the theater didn't thrill me but I am happy to report all good things about "Julie and Julia". Humor, legendary actors, and truth in story telling was a recipe for a movie that is making my top ten list for the year. I guess I better get to creating that list. This is definitely a take your girlfriends and then bake a pie kind of a movie. Even if you are unfamiliar with French cuisine, Julia Child, or even blogging I think you'll find this movie well worth the money. I can't lie, I was quite inspired by the go get 'em attitude of both Julie and Julia in this movie. I love a good underdog story. Each of these women were lost and through a passion (in this case, food and cooking) they were able to discover more about themselves and become successful. It's the stuff the best stories are made from. My mind was reeling with envy and joy and excitement as I watched. Wouldn't we all love to discover that one thing we are passionate about and run with it? Even better if you are loved by the masses for doing it? I can't wait to dive into the book now...and maybe even whip up something other than grilled cheese for dinner tonight. Bon Appetit~ To see/read a really fantastic blog, check out: http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/ To learn more about a really fantastic movie, check out: www.julieandjulia.com

Comments

Mai said…
So glad that you enjoyed the movie. Hoping to catch it this weekend.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for your awesome review! I can't WAIT to see it next weekend. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail