Lil' Chefs or KID EATS!

When I first started this blog, I never dreamed that I would have an entry entitled "Lil' Chefs", let alone be instructing a cooking class for toddlers named...yes, "Lil' Chefs". A cooking class. For toddlers. Taught by me. Well, a lets make food, a mess, and eat mounds of cheese class. I stumbled (as with most great things in my life) upon this opportunity, a couple of weeks ago. Island Monkeez is a jewel hidden in the midst of another jewel---Vim n' Vigor. Each week ten lil' chefs attend the Thursday cooking class with Auntie Risa! The first week we made quesadillas. For week two we made nachos. August was a Mexican theme. Can you tell?September is already upon us and I am excited for our next creation/exploration---"Rainbow Sushi". Pictures and further details forthcoming. The kids are loving the freedom to create (and eat!). I am loving their enthusiasm (and watching them eat!). The recipes are quick, simple, and mostly nutritious. Why didn't I think of this when Gabe was younger? Lil' Chef Quesadilla: 1. Spinach Tortillas 2. Shredded Cheese Medley 3. Vegetarian Re-fried Beans 4. Mild Salsa 5. Sliced Black Olives Throw in a "Dora the Explorer" story while the quesadillas or beans and cheese (for the nachos) warm in the toaster oven, and the lesson is complete! Lil' Chef Nachos: 1. Mini Tortilla Chips 2. Diced Tomato 3. Sliced Black Olives 4. Vegetarian Re-fried Beans 5. Canned Corn 6. Shredded Cheese Medley 7. Sliced Cucumber Thanks Mai Ly for "sharing" this photo of Arwen and Mathias during the Lil' Chef Quesadilla class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail