Martha Stewart Cupcakes: Attempt No. 1

When you're a stay at home mom, and your kid is in school for part of the day, you have to get creative with how to fill your time. This week started off with baking! It's no mystery that I love cupcakes. It shows in my blog, it shows in my choices of favorite places and foods to eat, and oh yeah---it shows in my hips. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I drove to town in record time (I'm nevere late for a cupcake date) and met up with my friends Mari and Lehua. Lehua has the very coveted "Martha Stewart's Cupcakes" book http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/martha-stewarts-cupcakes. As I entered the apartment I noticed she had already flipped to the desired cupcake recipe for the morning: chocolate peanut butter. Yum! In between chit chatting and Louis Vuitton e-dreaming, the three of us (and little Sean too) baked cupcakes. Warm and gooey out of the oven, they tasted great...despite the muffin top portion flaking off a bit. Lehua generously shared leftover cupcakes with us and I found myself unable to resist as I was driving back to Mililani to pick up Gabe from school. It just now occurs to me why some other parents were giving me strange looks as I exited my car...as I type this, I just picked a big chocolate crumb off my shirt. I started out with four but the number has quickly dwindled to two---in my defense, Gabe ate the other one as a special after school snack. Definition: E-Dreaming---something I do often, too often. Looking in a daze at all the cool things you would like to do, see, and buy...ONLINE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail