Nerves, nerves, nerves

No matter how much my mantra is "try something new, try something new", my stomach feels differently. It's mantra is "stay at home, relax on the couch, eat some chips". It still gets twisted all in knots, and I spend much more time biting my nails than usual, when it comes to actually DOING something new. Today I am going to instruct a keiki cooking class. It's called Lil' Chefs. I enjoy food. I enjoy kids (well, mostly). I enjoy being social and meeting new people. I enjoy getting out of the house. Then you would think that a one day a week class that involves all of these things would be terrific. And it is...except for the nerves. Will they like me? Will the food turn out okay? Will there be a turnout? Will I oversleep? Will I expose my neurotic tendencies to everyone? Sigh. All I know is that for 45 minutes today I will be a big ball of nerves...the other 23 hours and 15 minutes I get to be my normal non nervy self. I have decided to treat myself to Starbucks twice today---once before the cooking class and once after. Everyone has their vice.

Comments

Mai said…
I'd probably go for something stronger than a Starbucks...kids can be tough. LOL Just kidding. You'll be great! Sounds like a ton of fun.
Anonymous said…
You made me laugh. You'll do awesome, as always. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail