No Doubt, it's No Doubt

Not that anyone can tell from the worlds worst photo, but last night's impromptu concert was awesome. First, it was cheap ($21). Second, it broke up the monotony of my week. Third, it was No Doubt! I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be seeing No Doubt for this "Greatest Hits" tour. I was o.k. with it since I have seen them at Kualoa Ranch, The EMP in Seattle, and The Blaisdell Arena here in Honolulu. I have also seen Gwen Stefani and of course own the Cd's and have filled my iPhone with their music. Nothing beats a live concert though. Tuesday night was the first show and it came and went. I was a little sad to see other friends posting about their concert adventures on Facebook but busied myself with other things (like re-watching "6 Feet Under"). Then, about 6 p.m. yesterday evening, the phone rings. Sarah had news of $20 tickets and a plan to get them. Hey Baby. I picked up Sarah and we met a very pregnant (but happy) Lehua and were inside just in time for the first song. The timing was perfect. Our seats (for $20) were perfect too. Although we didn't make our way backstage as we did for the Eddie Vedder concert, a fun time was had by all. It was even amusing to watch the young girls in front of us worship Gwen, acting very much their age (17), and staying up past their bedtime. The best laid plans are those not planned.

Comments

Anonymous said…
what did gwen look like? I heard she was in a great shape that time.
Anonymous said…
Amazing as always! She is the fittest mom ever. Her abs were and still are legendary.
Larisa
Anonymous said…
Yeah, my friend have just sent me a few photos from the 2009 tour and I must totally agree with you. Who would have thought a mom of two could that fit, huh? I also like the clothes she was wearing at those concerts, especially the low-rise white pants and a white top (I wonder if she went commando, hahaha) XD

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail