"Shorts"

Isom was lucky enough to have his two weeks of twelve hour shift work interrupted with a two day break today and tomorrow. It couldn't have worked out better considering that Gabe was off from school in observance of Hawaii Admissions Day---50 years of statehood today. http://hawaii.gov/statehood To commemorate the occasion and a day off from work and school, we took Gabe to the movies. A/C is really the only way to endure these stifling hot August days. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast of French Toast and Lego playing and then were off to the first showing of the new movie "Shorts". http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1100119/ I guess I am a ten year old boy trapped in a 33 year old woman's body. I liked this movie. I was thoroughly amused. Gabe laughed out loud so many times I had to "shh" him several times in fear of the other movie goers getting irritated. The up and coming child actors were great. There were two of my 80's movie film favs in the movie as well (Jon Cryer and James Spader reunited from "Pretty in Pink"). For a last minute plan, this movie was really fun. I was impressed with the story telling and material---it was not dumbed down for kids but it wasn't above their heads either. I felt like I was watching "The Goonies" of Gabe's time. Throw in the popcorn mixed with Reese's Pieces I scarfed down and I was a very happy camper today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail