Showers, Cupcakes, and Showers

Apparently not only is it hurricane season, but it is baby shower season. The end of the year must be prime for making babies! I recently attended a beautiful shower in honor of a friend who is due at the end of the month. Since it's been six years since I've been in baby mode, it's always fun to reminisce about pregnancy, labor, delivery, and those precious first months of having a new born in the house. In some ways it seems like another lifetime and in other ways there are things so fresh it is truly as if they happened yesterday. The first of the two baby showers I attended recently was jungle/animal themed. We played lots of games, ate good food, and enjoyed themed cupcakes--chocolate and banana! The mother to be got tons of loot and managed to walk away with only one duplicate gift. In between shower number one and shower number two there has been a hurricane. Well, a so called hurricane. Felicia managed to spike water, battery, and spam sales but not much else. Our skies have been more gray than blue the past couple of days, but otherwise, no real signs of impending doom. Although the picture above may make you think differently.The second shower (or should I say third---after baby shower #1 and the showers of rain) was held in honor of my second friend due in a few weeks. She is expecting a baby girl...what fun it is to shop for little girl clothes! For this shower I was in charge of the games. Since I had just been to a shower (and several of the same ladies were in attendance), I wanted to come up with something new and different. Game one---find the safety pins in the rice---I have my non-mommy friend Malia to thank (or not) for this one. It got off to a rocky start but in the end the players began to really get into it and the winner ended up being my friends six year old daughter (yay Mia!). Game two was "Name that Baby Tune". I should have known this game might not be the easiest of games when after playing the songs to Isom, he could only pick out one or two of the songs. But, I pressed on---determined that my idea was good! I chose 26 songs with "Baby" in the title and had the guests write down the name, title (or both, if they were music geniuses) of the songs being played. The winner was Zuri (the youngest of the group). Next time, I think I'll just have these songs playing quietly in the background. Shower number two was very lovely nonetheless and of course I was excited to eat (and take home) delicious pink cupcakes from Cupcake Couture! Hurricane season coinciding with cupcake filled showers works for me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was just thinking the other night that you should put all your cupcake creations on display on your blog. They're too freaking cute!
Larisa said…
Too bad I can't take credit for them all! Lehua was the creator of one and Cupcake Couture the other...I took the pictures though! Smile.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail