Sweet Home Waimanalo or Beach Eats

This morning we went to Starbucks. We had a weird experience. Sucking caramel through a straw seems to me an impossible task. Teenage boys who talk to them self in line and get you and the baristas confused doesn't add to the usual Starbucks ambiance either. The day perked up when we found front row beach parking in Lanikai. Umbrella up, buckets out, sunglasses lowered, sun blazing. Other than the ongoing discovery of baby Portuguese man of war by Gabe every five minutes, it was a perfect beach day.No Eiffel Tower sandcastles today, but the memory of today's beach outing lives on...in every nook and cranny of my car, clothes, beach book, and uh well, I'm sure you can figure out where else. Lanikai special---extra fine sand. We decided to fester in the grit awhile longer as we took the long way home. Sweet Home Waimanalo here we come! I had heard about this relatively new restaurant from friends. I had been wanting to check it out ever since but hadn't gotten over to East Oahu for what I can only describe as the perfect after beach eats. Isom and I both ordered the fish tacos and I was loving the pineapple, cabbage, fish, and double tortilla combo. I think I discovered the perfect Sunday outing---East Oahu beach and Fish Tacos from Sweet Home Waimanalo. It was an all around fish out of water day...perfect for this pescatarian.

Comments

Mai said…
Ha! Pescatarian! Heard that on Top Chef and almost called you. You've got a label.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail