Bachloretting and Weddinging...I know they're not real words

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my fun, late night out in honor of my walking buddy, old roommate, and friend Pua. As we sat around the table at Duke's at sunset, recounting old tales of younger days, we realized we had known each other for twelve years. In that time we've shared drinks, graduation, The Big Burrito, beach outings in the old Volvo, mopeds, marriage, kids, weight loss (and sometimes gain) journeys...After all that, I was honored to be able to stay behind a day from the family Big Island trip and attend a beautiful wedding at Turtle Bay. The Wednesday before the big day, the girls went out for pupus and cocktails at Duke's Waikiki. Beach, bar, and babes! Jayme and I were each others date...sharing in nachos, driving, and the late night. Saturday afternoon Jayme was my date again for the wedding. We coordinated outfits, and had a fun time as "sit in" registration helpers, outside the ballroom where the reception took place. Nothing beats meeting all the guests, having wine brought to you, and a comfy seat (never wearing the heels I chose again!). The wedding overlooked the Pacific ocean and the pink/brown combination of colors were perfect. It truly was Pua's day to shine...and she did! She was a glowing, beautiful bride.I was so inspired by the wedding (can you tell it's been awhile since I've been to one?), that for our ten year wedding anniversary (2010 already!), I've decided to have a big party. Since Isom and I never had a big wedding ceremony (justice of the peace at the courthouse in 2000), I got to thinking...dreaming, about slipping into that perfect white gown and standing before friends and family to pledge our love to one another. So sappy and so not my style but I'm making it my 2010 goal anyway...so start saving your airline miles now----we're having a party!

Comments

juliesumile said…
Renewing your vowes???? I love it! Very excited...just let me know how I can help. Will it be on Oahu? Julie
Larisa said…
That's the plan! I envision it not at a church but at a great HOUSE...one with a pool. I want it to be more of a cocktail party with friends/family. Drinks, pupus, we'll renew, maybe some live music, and then people can swim...and eat cupcakes of course.

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...