Cupcake Double Header

My grandma is in town visiting me, Isom, and Gabe. Since she arrived last Thursday, I think she has eaten more cupcakes than she might have eaten in the past year or so. My plan to fatten up the world one person at a time is working! Last night we enjoyed a leisurely evening. I made pasta for dinner and we enjoyed Apple and Cinnamon cupcakes as dessert (so what if it was before dinner). It was a group effort so I can't take all the credit. Isom is my baking errand boy---running to the store at all times of the day and night for extra butter, flour, or eggs. And Gabe is always ready to crack an egg, stir the ingredients, and of course lick the bowl. Grandma has helped by keeping Gabe occupied (thank you---no more asking every minute if the cupcakes are ready) sifting sugar, and had the genius idea to transform left over frosting into fudge! The apple and cinnamon cupcakes were a hit and pretty...like little apple pies---all they need now is a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! Since the night was still young (and I had a cupboard stocked with ingredients), I decided to bang out another batch of cupcakes---Peanut Butter Cupcakes. I knew these would be a hit with Gabe, the peanut butter king (he eats it on waffles, sandwiches, pretzels, celery, cookies, plain, you name it...if it's peanut butter, he's eating it). I was surprised at how much I enjoyed them too. The only problem with the cupcake double header is---where to store them all (besides my waistline)?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...