Gingerbread Pots

They say music is good for the soul. I agree. Music is also good to bake to. And gingerbread cupcakes are good for the soul too. So I guess, yesterday was soulful Sunday. Who needs church when you've got a kitchen and an iPod?! The third cupcake of my 500 cupcakes to be made, turned out successfully. To quote Isom "I'd like you to make these for my birthday." And to quote Gabe "Make these for my birthday too momma!". I'll take that as two thumbs up. Isom, the man who doesn't "do" sweets...consumed three. I'm patting myself on the back. The boys went for a hike while I busied myself baking in the kitchen. I'm thinking this is a great Sunday ritual to have.By the time the boys arrived back home, I was half way through the first season of "Californication" and waiting for the second batch of cupcakes to cool before I could add the lemon drizzle...which by the way takes the plain gingerbread cupcake from a 5 to a 10. I am trying to box a cupcake for each friend as I go, but they may just have to come over on Sundays to keep me company if they want a fresh one! I'm so happy to have found the perfect holiday treat now too---don't be surprised if you receive a dozen "Gingerbread Pots" for Halloween...Thanksgiving...or Christmas this year.

Comments

juliesumile said…
Are there really 500 different types of cupcake recipes out there....and are you really going to bake all 500, crazy!!! You need to start a cupcake business I think! Julie
Larisa said…
There really is! Would love to eventually go that route but still just messing around at this point. Mostly just like eating the creations.
juliesumile said…
Loving your blog Larisa...keep 'em coming! You should check out my friends blog, from WA, blog www.eightcrazy.com. She has lots of great stuff on it and, if you ever want to make a business of blogging, she also has a blog designs business(see her prices and packages available on www.eightcrazydesign.com). I think you should turn your passion into cupcakes into a business....sounds like they are quite tasty. Check out www.happinessinabite.com for pricing ideas.
Larisa said…
Thanks for all this great input Jules! I will check them out today!

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...