MUSE

Muse. Defined as the source of an artist's inspiration. Or English Alternative Rock Band. I first discovered Muse in the back of Stephanie Meyer's blockbuster book "New Moon" from the "Twilight" series. I had read the book in what seemed like record time and wanted more. I was pouring over every last page. Every last sentence. Every last period and comma. At the back of my book I found acknowledgements---a part of a book I usually don't find interesting. There it was, at the bottom---thanking the musicians for their inspiration and role in her writing. Her many muses. And even better that one of the bands was actually named Muse. I had to check them out. "Showbiz" was the first CD I purchased followed by "Origins of Symmetry" and just today, "The Resistance". I love all three. It's not just bad things that come in threes. I am thrilled that I not only found a great series of books but some great music and musicians too. And you just can't beat that. Hope you'll take a listen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...