"The September Issue"

Movies and fashion make a great combination-- like peanut butter and jelly, Starbucks and Borders, Keanu and me... I love magazines. Isom can attest to it...they have invaded the house like my books (and now my cupcakes). There are baskets of Marie Claire, Glamour, Elle, and Vogue all around the house. Sometimes I'm smart enough to get a subscription (I almost wrote prescription...Freudian slip) and sometimes I buy them at the store like everyone else. Every September I anxiously await the thickest of the thick...the September issue of Vogue magazine. I'm no super model, and at this age, never will be...but a girl can dream right? Flipping through the artfully designed pages of the world's top designers is fun. You get the chance to see your favorite (and not so favorite) movie stars, the newest trends in fashion, and soak in a completely different world than your own. So, when I heard there would be a movie, I was excited. Not only would I be able to soak in the pages of my fashion Bible, Vogue, this September, I would also be able to soak in the people of Vogue...the attitude, the energy, the stress---in a two hour documentary. I loved it! It seemed as if you were watching "characters" on a movie set but no, this was real life---their real life. Absolutely fascinating. The stars of the show were, of course, the fashion, New York, Paris, Anna Wintour (Editor in Chief of American Vogue), and everyones favorite Louis Vuitton wearing Andre Leon Talley. Sometimes when I'm at home munching on cupcakes I dream about what their life must be like. Trips across the globe, fabulous parties, celebrities...I was happy to see it all unfold on the big screen. It makes you want to shop, move to New York, fit into your skinny jeans, and re-read "The Devil Wears Prada".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...