The End of Fall Break...That Calls For a Celebration...Or a Day of Eating, Whichever!

Yesterday I spent most of the day eating. There was The Cream Pot (again),Starbucks (I'm an addict), McDonald's (I do have a 6 year old), and finally Zpizza (yes, again---when in town, you have to make the most of it!). In between eating, I was lucky enough to hang out with several friends---Mai Ly and her daughter Arwen in the morning (eating buddies number 1), Jayme and her Auntie Rae (mid morning coffee buddies), and Mari, Jesse, and their baby Sean (lunch and dinner buddies). I'm doing much better about remembering to eat while Isom is away this time. After a delicious veggie sandwich at Zpizza (happy to finally try something other than pizza there), The Markhams and The Majors took a trip into Borders. Earlier, Mari and I had a discussion about lists over our gourmet McDonald's lunch. I love lists. I make them to stay organized. I make them when I'm bored. I make them for future goals and plans. To Do Lists, Grocery Lists, Cupcake Ingredient Lists, I Want Lists, Christmas Lists, Birthday Lists, Places I Wanna Go Lists, Blog Lists...the list goes on. So, once in Borders, Mari bought a book about...LISTS. A true kindred spirit...and I found a new book by Jeannette Walls.
After a full day of working out my stomach, it was time to go home. Fall Break had come to a close. We spent time with Tutu, enjoyed Oktoberfest, ate out (lots and lots and lots), played at 808 Bounce,baked (lots and lots and lots), ate cupcakes, swam at the pool, played with friends, completed a very important science project: watching a Lima bean grow (inside of a Ziploc bag, with a moist paper towel, taped to our sliding glass door---very scientific). We even enjoyed some impromptu art on the side of a Pearl City building.I was thinking that this break might be hard to top but then realized that the next break will be spent in Japan. Can't wait to experience the cold, hunt for Japanese cupcakes, and of course warm up with a cup of Japanese Starbucks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...