Traffic Rant

Traffic sucks. Traffic in Hawaii today sucked worse than usual. There will be no cute pictures of cupcakes, or even really blurry, bad pictures from my iPhone in today's post. Just pure complaining. So, if you are uninterested in that...click "next blog" at the top of your screen and move along to someone who is in a cheerier mood than me. Today was a perfect example of how much Hawaii desperately NEEDS a rail system. From Mililani to Kapiolani Park is 21 miles. Estimated travel time is 36 minutes. Well, we all know that travel time is the amount of time it should take---in a perfect traficless world. Factor in crazy drivers, accidents, road construction, traffic and your commute time can drastically change. Today's commute: 2 hours! I could have walked faster! That is beyond ridiculous. The longer I sat in the car the angrier I got. No wonder so many people suffer from road rage. I was getting road psychosis! I mean really, when you aren't even MOVING, it becomes quite frustrating. Coupled with the fact that I saw NO ACCIDENT, NO ROAD CONSTRUCTION, NO REASON. I was baffled. I listened to at least twenty songs on the way. I sat idle for so long, I was tempted to pick up my book and start reading. Good thing I wasn't headed to town for a job interview, an actual job, or anything else super pressing. I was heading in to meet two dear friends for a morning walk. I was trying to exercise and instead I got a sore knee from two straight hours of pressing the brake pedal. Sigh. I finally made it to town (thanks for waiting on me Cara and Mai!). Our walk was wonderful...3 miles. And our reward for a rough traffic morning was a mocha espresso milkshake from Bogarts. (Mai got Vanilla Bean and Car Oreo) So what if that negates the walk?! Okay, I lied. There is one blurry iPhone photo...me and Mai's milkshakes...we are going back for a real breakfast soon---I'll have to get up at four in the morning to beat the traffic, so the espresso shake will come in handy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...