"Astroboy"

What do you do when you wake up too late to find good parking at the beach? Go movies! Sunday we saw a matinee of "Astroboy" . But first we drove through the Burger King drive thru for two Whoppers (no mayo) and one Veggie Whopper (bring on the mayo). My big purse comes in handy. A grande personal Starbucks cup, three Whoppers, and the usual crap I carry around...no one was the wiser as we walked into theater five ready to eat lunch and watch "Astroboy". My memories of this movie will forever be triggered whenever I smell that distinctive onion/whopper smell...I don't know what it is, but there is definitely a unique Whopper odor that permeates my skin. It lingers all day--every time. At least they are consistent. "Astroboy" was action packed and used the voice talents of Nick Cage ("Valley Girl", "Gone in 60 Seconds", "The Rock") and Kristen Bell ("Heroes"). The story line gets five out of five stars from me. The animation gets five out of five. The ability to hold an adults attention for two hours gets five stars too. I can' t imagine this going to DVD anytime soon...hopefully it stays in the theaters long enough for all the well behaved, deserving kiddos to see it. I'm pretty sure they left it open for a sequel---so next time this year, we may well be watching "Astroboy Part Deux".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...