Halloween Or Didn't Anyone Ever Tell You Not To Drink On An Empty Stomach?

The moldy pumpkin should have be a sign to me...a foreshadowing of how this year's Halloween would go...
We finally got invited to a Halloween party this year. I'm usually the one hosting such events. For some reason, even though I'm not technically employed anywhere (my house does not count), I seem to be busier than ever. So, I never found the time to come up with my poetic (or not so poetic) rhyming EVITE for The Majors Halloween Bash. Our friend Julie to the rescue. She and her family hosted a terrific evening for their colleagues, friends, and lushes alike. Maybe you can guess which category I fell into. Speaking of falling...I'll preface this post with this: I don't usually lose myself in the bottom of the glass, bottle, keg...whatever. Saturday was the exception and definitely not the rule. Definitely not. Really. (College doesn't count...that was years ago.) The good of Halloween---our costumes. Isom and mine to be more specific. Isom as Hulk Hogan was too funny for words. So here's a picture.I was one of my favorite things---a Starbucks cup (maybe next year I'll be a cupcake). I can't take all the credit for this genius creation. My friend Mai Ly (and later Isom) came up with the winning details (cardboard sleeve) that really made dressing up this year one of my all time favorites---the other being the time I was a magnet. So, thank you Mai Ly and Isom. Isom's costume started out as just the wig and mustache but really blossomed after a trip to Wal-mart in which he returned with "Mountain Dew Party Pants" (he's a fashion genius). I discovered an unknown skill as well---marker airbrush technician...need a trashy shirt designed, I'm your gal. Gabe was dressed in all camouflage,so nothing really new there to report. He had a great time with his friends, trick-or-treating, getting sweaty, and eating candy. At least someone got to eat some candy! I sure didn't, as I was too busy drinking and repeating myself (you know that fun party guest...well, this time it was me). After consuming a little of this and a little of that (on an empty stomach) in my trusty "to go" Starbucks cup, I was feeling the effects...and had to lay down...that instant. So I did. On the floor. Of the living room. In Julie's house! Sigh. Thankfully, among other drinking friends, this was not deemed a big deal. Slight embarrassment, okay, HUGE embarrassment aside, it was fun seeing everyone dressed up, creating a new tradition (hope we're invited back Jules), and discovering that Julie's living room floor is actually QUITE comfortable...intoxicated or not. Lessons learned this Halloween:
Always eat a good meal before consuming alcoholic beverages.
Always thank your host/hostess (instead of asking where the non-meat items of food are...over and over and over again).
Always bring your loving husband...who's there to pick you up and clean up the mess.
Just because there's alcohol, doesn't mean you have to drink it...all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE how the writing is strategically placed over your crotch! Good times.....
Love, Lena
juliesumile said…
You only mentioned there was nothing vegetarian once....the repeating must have been in your head. LOL!!!! Seeing you in that intoxicated state was a first for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Is that wrong? You were hilarious and made the party!
Larisa said…
Ha, ha Lena! I hadn't even meant for it to be like that! Julie---oh good. So if the cupcake business doesn't work out...stand up comedian? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...