MAC 24/7

...has the world's biggest pancakes! And we got to eat some. Furlough Friday is quickly becoming eating Friday. On our recent date night, Isom and I ate at MAC 24/7 in Waikiki. We enjoyed our outing and wanted to share it with Gabe. Gabe is a breakfast kid. He loves waffles, pancakes, SPAM! I heard MAC 24/7 was known for their pancakes, so when Isom asked for a breakfast suggestion...I actually had one! Off we trekked. After sleeping in and putting off eating until after 10:30 a.m., we were hungry. Our appetites were ripe for eating more than usual. I'm not a huge pancake lover (I prefer French Toast), so I let Isom and Gabe decide which of the monstrous pancakes we would enjoy. They chose Blueberry. We sipped on coffee and cranberry juice while we waited, and then...the pounds of pancakes came out. I wasn't sure if our waiter was going to make it to our table with the platter of pancakes he had. OMG! You've never seen pancakes this big. And I like big. We each took a slice of the pancakes and there was still over half left on the plate. Unbelievable. It became a competition. I wanted to take on this pancake! Then I posted a status update to Facebook (no breakfast would be complete without it). My friend in Washington mentioned that the pancakes we were eating had been featured on "Man Vs. Food". What? Really? Now the competitive spirit in me was fully ignited. I wanted to finish these pancakes! I wanted to get them for free! I wanted my picture on that wall of fame (shame?)! But it was not meant to be. Next time...for sure. After consuming the beastly pancakes, we walked through Waikiki to try to walk off the thousands of calories I'm sure we consumed. We made it back to the car and proceeded with our day of suitcase shopping (oh joy) in a pancake induced coma.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...