"New Moon"

I just finished reading Stephenie Meyer's "New Moon" . This would be read number three...in less than a year's time. She is an average writer telling an old story...you would think there wouldn't be so much hype. But there is. And I'm part of it. I love these books. Despite having read it twice before, this morning I woke up early (6 a.m.) to squeeze in some chapters before the day started...I was worried I might not get the chance to read about the Bella, Jacob, and Edward love triangle. After dropping Gabe off at school and before meeting Mai Ly and Cara for a morning walk---I read. After meeting Isom for lunch and before picking Gabe up from school---I read. After picking up Gabe from school---I read. I knew the story, the characters, the ending, but still I carried the book with me everywhere over the past week---hoping to be delayed somewhere---so I could read. I do consider myself an avid reader. But, the great thing about the "Twilight" series is that it has made readers out of non-readers. It isn't Shakespeare by any means, (despite the many underlying and overt links to it) but it is modern, fun, imaginative, and page turning. Even my most literary of friends got sucked in. I picked "New Moon" up again in anticipation of the upcoming movie release (to which I have successfully purchased midnight showing tickets...on my phone---I might never get over how cool Fandango is). I'm happy that even after reading "New Moon" several times in a rather short amount of time, that I haven't lost any of the enjoyment or excitement I first felt after reading it for the first time. I can't say that for very many books. If you haven't gotten sucked in to the vampire/werewolf love that is the "Twilight" saga...I highly recommend it. As they say in Forks---you too may soon become a fanpire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...