Orange and Armagnac Cupcakes

I never guessed that I would be learning words when I started on this cupcake journey. So far I have been forced to define (Google...whatever) kirsch, caster sugar, fennel, Armagnac...I mean, I just don't think these are everyday words for most folks. Are they? I mean, there's no "Fennelbucks", "Coffee Bean and Kirsch Leaf", "Caster cookies". Who are these cupcake book people trying to fool? I put off making the orange and Armagnac cupcakes for two reasons. One, I had a lot of other baking to do (Halloween, Princess Parties, for myself). Two, I didn't have any Armagnac. Until a few days ago anyway. I am the proud possessor of BRANDY now. So on Friday, when the two Pommerenk girls were over to play with Gabe for furlough Friday, I baked cupcakes. I finally had "right out of the oven" taste testers again! Thumbs up from each of the kids. And from me too. I am partial to the cakes with citrus...and of course liquor. The orange zest, coupled with a "zest" of Brandy, really made these cupcakes terrific. I'm sure the Brandy bakes out...I wasn't getting three school aged kids intoxicated. Besides, they only had a half of one...and the recipe only called for two tablespoons worth---spread amongst 24 cupcakes, that must be...well, it must be only a little bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...