Uncle Bo's

Ladies night. It just can't happen enough. Once a month, four of my girlfriends and I get together to gab, eat, and partake in adult beverages. We all have kids and spouses, so it's nice to get a small piece of our former selves back when we meet for a few hours of girl time. I was especially excited for this outing, as we were trying a new restaurant! New to me anyway. Isom and I had attempted to eat here once, but when we realized they required reservations, our plan was foiled. So, thanks to Lehua for calling ahead for us ladies. The parking was a bit of a pain (but maybe this was because it was sprinkling and I didn't want to get my hair wet). Once we were seated things started looking up. The atmosphere is hip and young with art, lights, and chains. My iPhone doesn't do well with pictures at night or in dark lighting, so my half ass description will have to suffice. We were in the back amongst several tables of birthday celebrations. Good sign...they like it enough to celebrate a special event there. A cocktail and some buttered bread to start...and RED PLASTIC cups for water (the kind you drank beer out of in high school...the kind you get at Costco for your backyard BBQ). What's going on? And as I looked around, I noticed we were the only table lucky enough to receive this extra fancy stemware. Did someone call ahead to warn them that our group was rowdy? Are the wait staff at Uncle Bo's reading my blog? Do they know that this type of quirky restaurant behavior pleases me to no end? Or did the dishwasher break or walk out for a smoke break? At any rate, we ordered our entrees and proceeded with a lovely evening. Sarah and I split the crab crusted opah with garlic mashed potatoes and some of the best veggies I've had out. And I'm feeling really bad about the lack of photo because it was all delicious. You'll have to go taste for yourself. I definitely want to go back to see what other goodies their menu has to offer...this time during the day so my photos can be somewhat decent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...