Walking Is An Adventure

I've been walking...off and on...for over a year now. In that time I have lost no weight. But, I have chatted incessantly with my many walking partners (it's a revolving door around here) and seen some pretty cool places. I have walked in almost all areas of Oahu. Windward, Leeward, Town, Central. I have walked Kailua Beach with Malia where the scenery is the beautiful blue Pacific flanked by million dollar homes. I've walked Mililani suburbia with Pua where house fires, feral cats, and high school drivers abound. I've walked up the hill to Makapu'u Lighthouse with Mai Ly where we saw whales. I've power walked with Michelle (back in the days of Marathon prep). I've walked Aiea Loop trail with Isom and Gabe and seen the beauty of where nature and man meet (picture cars rushing down H3 surrounded by green hills and waterfalls). I've walked and talked my way all over the island. Last week Mai Ly and I walked in Central Oahu Regional Park. It's about three miles around with a few sporadic small hills here and there. I've done the walk with Pua, Michelle, myself. Never, however, have I seen horses. Up close and personal (well, a ten foot tall fence with barbwire on the top separated us, but they were still really close). We couldn't figure out who the horses belong to or why they are in the middle of nowhere suburbia, but it sure was a pleasant surprise and a welcome break from the huffing and puffing that is me when I walk. What will next week's walk bring?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Shameless Plug...