Christmas Cookies

This year has been filled with many firsts...especially with regards to baking. I baked my veryfirst cupcake from scratch and have been a busy baking bee ever since. Mostly I have been sticking
to cupcakes. Yesterday, however, I baked my first cookie from scratch. I was having a couple of friends and their kids over for Christmas Cookie decorating, and decided I should bake sugar cookies as their creative canvas. I "Googled" it and came up with what was a simple, sure shot recipe. The house smelled good enough to eat and when Gabe and I taste tested them we were very pleased with the results. Several gumdrops, peppermints, green and red frosting later the kids (and the mommy's) were sugared out...which would explain the exceedingly energeticbehavior from the kids. No Christmas adventure would be complete without Eggnog (thanks Schultz ohana) and peppermint ice cream for dessert (the cookies were the activity---not the dessert). It was a fun afternoon...I'm thinking there's no need for the cookie baking to be relegated only to Christmas...I'll keep you posted on the next delicious batch.

Comments

Mai said…
Ha! I love that Gabe is giving his cookie bunny ears. Arwen's been on a bunny ears kick, too. Almost every photo.
Larisa said…
I was thinking it was a peace sign! Ha, ha. It never occurred to me it was bunny ears!
juliesumile said…
Holy Cow! Look at all the different toppings for the cookies! Man, when you go for something, you go for it! Love it!
Anonymous said…
what a great idea! it looked so fun and yummy...yay!
Anonymous said…
Thanks again Larisa! We had a blast and are already RSVPing for the next event...hook it up! :) Love, Lena and the sugar monkeys

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail