Happy Cupcake Day!

I celebrated by baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I was wearing my cute cupcake apron though. The cupcake addict had no idea there was a cupcake day (every day is cupcake day to me), until I was dorking around on Facebook and saw Mai Ly's status update...next year I'll have my calendar marked and can plan better---cupcake party at my house. I guess I've been too busy baking and eating cupcakes to realize that I'm not the only one celebrating how wonderful cupcakes are. After my first attempt at cookies from scratch the other day, I decided I should try again...just in case that first attempt was a fluke. It turns out it wasn't. I'm excited by my new cookie discovery...they are much easier to tote. The downside is you can eat a whole lot more cookies than cupcakes. But, I can share the joys of baking by shipping cookies off in cute cookie tins. I realize people have been doing this for years. I have been the very happy recipient of such treats many times. Like many things in my life, however, I am a late bloomer. A late baking bloomer. Isom is home now and after one bite of the sugar cookie I saved him, and one fresh baked chocolate chip cookie---he is requesting...Ginger Snap cookies. Since this is his moms specialty, I may be in scary cookie territory. Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pali Notches: Cloudy, Muddy, Windy, and Scary

Mililani Exploration: Kipapa Stream Trail

Turtle Bay "LOST" Trail